The summer sales are now being thrust upon us. The summer sales are often the highlight of the year for seasoned shoppers but you have to be careful, not get too excited and always have a plan.
Sales are a great opportunity to pick up that item of clothing that you have had your eye on for a while but that was just out of your price range or just wasn’t worth the retail price.
Here are a few simple rules to abide by when you head to a shopping centre or go up town to tackle the sale racks:
- Just because it’s cheap doesn’t mean you HAVE to buy it! I have plenty of clothes I have bought in sales because of their great price but were never worn and in the end they take up space and have to be thrown out.
- Always bring a friend with you: Your friend will give you some helpful advice as to whether you actually need that top, whether you will wear that skirt next summer or if that jacket is really a bargain.
- Give yourself plenty of time: Going through scores of sale racks in crowded shops can be very time consuming, don’t go running into the middle of a sale on your lunch hour or when you have five minutes to spare, always have enough time!
- Be patient: Sale shopping takes time, so do not be in a rush and do not have high expectations of what you are going to find, just because it was in the shop all year does not mean that it will go to 50 percent off.
- Try the clothes on: Sometimes there is a reason why items appear in the sale, so be careful there could be something faulty with the product or the fit may not be just right so take an extra five minutes and try them on before you purchase.
- Have a plan: Do not go sale shopping aimlessly, know what you are doing, where you are doing it and when you are doing it.
Don’t forget that shops do not offer refunds on sale items and will usually only offer you a credit note or exchange so don’t forget to ask at the tills when you are paying.
Sales have already begun in most major high street stores and are still going online, the majority of sales still have not hit the streets of Ennis, so keep an eye out for some great upcoming bargains!
Happy shopping 😉