I absolutely adore pancakes (well who doesn’t) and in this month’s RSVP, model and food blogger Roz Purcell has given some scrumptious pancake recipes.
Here is one of three delicious recipes she gave us, and this is 100% the one I will be making!
Peanut & Chocolate Chip Pancake Stack W/Peanut Sauce
“If you have a sweet tooth like myself, this may be your perfect pancake snack! These turned out just like real american style pancakes, almost hard to believe they were healthy. I opted for 85% dark chocolate, but anything above 70 % is good or raw chocolate nibs/dairy free- i love carob drops! You can get PB2 in sports nutrition stores, but you can also replace with 1 tbsp of the real stuff if you want!”
*makes 6 medium sized
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons PB2- powdered peanut butter
- 1 tsp stevia
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp maple/honey
- Mix the egg, whites and milk together. In a separate bowl mix all your dry ingredients, except for the chocolate chips.
- Using a fork whisk the two together, unit smooth. The batter should be a thick liquid consistency.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir in.
- In a frying pan heat a little coconut oil and use 2 tbsp of batter per pancake.
- For the sauce, heat the coconut oil in a pan on low heat, add in the peanut butter and stir unit it breaks down into a liquid. Lastly add the honey or maple and whisk by hand.